Thursday, November 1, 2012

OPI Don't Touch My Tutu & Pirouette My Whistle


It is official. I now own all of the OPI NYC Ballet collection. (See my other posts on the collection here and here.) Very rare for me - I don't think I own any other complete collection! The only two I was missing were Don't Touch My Tutu and Pirouette My Whistle. They actually pair together quite nicely.

Don't Touch My Tutu on its own...


...and with Pirouette My Whistle on top...


The reason I decided to complete this collection is that the formulas are consistently awesome. Don't Touch My Tutu is taking the place of Essie Allure in my collection. Both are gorgeous squishy sheer whites, but DTMT has a much easier formula to work with. Pirouette My Whistle is a really lovely subtle glitter topcoat. It really is, I swear. Thanks to the oddly translucent pieces of white(ish?) hexagonal glitter, this topcoat gives the polish under it an ethereal feel - really nice with some of the sheers in this collection! My hope is that one day they make a gold version...

Do you own a complete collection of polish? Which one(s)?

kittytokaren

Like this? Click below to let us know!

11 comments:

Beyond Blush said...

really beautiful combination :) I own all of OPI's Spiderman collection - I love it!

Eileen said...

I loved this collection! I got My Pointe Exactly and they are on my toes right now! Beautiful neutrals. But I don't own any full collection haha. I don't think there has been one that has all consistent formulas + w all colors that I like yet..

beachgal said...

I don't usually get any full collection either - this one however I was so taken with the first 3 I bought I went back right off and got all the shades. That said, I have 3 that I keep going back to - and as I have said here before, I adore Pirouette My Whistle.

Grace said...

I only have the pale grey from this set, but I do love it. I wore it to my brother's wedding as a french with my grey bridesmaid's gown. Perfect spin on the traditional wedding mani.

I think the only complete collection I have is Essie's Cocktail Bling, which I actually bought all in one go. They were all just so pretty. The only one I was on the fence about was Brooch the Subject, and it was actually cheaper to buy all 6 in a set than 5 individual polishes. I wound up liking it anyway!

Most of OPI's collections are WAY too big (and contain way too many reds) for me to own a full one. I usually pick up about half, although I put a pretty good dent in the Germany collection :)

The Lacquer Tracker said...

The only collection I own all of is the OPI Stranger Tides collection- I love all of the colours! Such unexpected muted shades. They're all awesome, and Steady as She Rose may be my favourite polish of all time. :D

Love said...

I own exactly two polishes from this collection: the very two you show in this post.

They do make for such a lovely combination, don't they? I especially like PMW -- it's such a soft, gorgeous glitter.

funkiichiicka said...

Very pretty, delicate mani.

I own the whole OPI Nicki Minaj collection. I just loved the variety of shades and finishes.

Casey said...

Tutu is lovely. How many coats is that?

I notice that with sheer colors, if I do three coats, I get those horrible bubbles. Any solution for that?

Kristi said...

Love this combo! The Ballet collection really took me by surprise - I only have DTMT, PMW, and MPE but it's funny just how often I reach for DTMT and MPE (the white & gray). They've become staples in my collection!

Kait said...

I own all of the NYC ballet polishes too! I was initially going to buy zero, because who wants sheer, pale polishes? However they're gorgeous, make lovely jelly sandwiches, and are super easy to work with. I love them. I also own all of the China Glaze Prismatic polishes, glitter is more my thing, and they're also among my favorites. I have all but one of the CG Hunger Games polishes (cant find Mahogany Magic anymore) and all bit one of the Zoya Ornate collection (the silver glitter is too similar to 2 I already own).

Kait said...

I own all of the NYC ballet polishes too! I was initially going to buy zero, because who wants sheer, pale polishes? However they're gorgeous, make lovely jelly sandwiches, and are super easy to work with. I love them. I also own all of the China Glaze Prismatic polishes, glitter is more my thing, and they're also among my favorites. I have all but one of the CG Hunger Games polishes (cant find Mahogany Magic anymore) and all bit one of the Zoya Ornate collection (the silver glitter is too similar to 2 I already own).

Related Posts with Thumbnails